Service Indicator Secure Display By Role Not Working
(Doc ID 1587466.1)
Last updated on JULY 10, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Campus Community - Version 9 to 9 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When an operator is setup to not have access to place or release a service indicator AND the service indicator is setup to have the Secure Display by Role, when that operator goes into the Student Services Center for a student that has that service indicator and clicks on the General Info tab, then the Edit Service indicators button, then cancels, they now see the SI that they should no see. Further, they can now click on it and will be able to release it. Note that when this operator goes into the Manage Service Indicators page they cannot see this SI at all (as expected).
Expect the service Indicator Security to be respected by the system on ALL pages.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Using Operator SuperUser, go to Campus Community > Service Indicators > Person > Manage Service Indicator and select EMPLID AD1000. Add a Service Indicator of DNM (Do Not Mail). Save.
2. Now go to Set Up SACR > Security > Secure Student Administration > User ID > Service Indicator Security. Delete the 2 rows for the SI code of DNM. Save.
3. Go to Set Up SACR > Security > Secure Student Administration > Setup > Service Indicator Display. Select Institution of PSUNV and SI of DNM (2 rows). Add the role of CS - Fundraiser to both rows. Save after each.
4. Sign out and sign back in (for some reason, the SI security does not take effect until you have signed out)
5. Go to Campus Community > Student Services Center for EMPLID <emplID>. Click on the General Info tab. In the Service Indicators section you might see other SIs but you SHOULD NOT see the DNM one. This is as expected.
6. Click on the Edit Service Indicators button. Now click cancel on the bottom of that page.
7. Now you WILL see the DNM SI which you should not see.
8. Click on the link for the DNM SI. You will now see the release button which you are able to click and release this SI.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot depend on the Service Indicator Security.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document