Last updated on JANUARY 11, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM eProcurement - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The Verity Search does not return correct results at Catalog Search eProcurement Requisitions when using The Manufacturer’s Item ID to search for items that are regionalized.
In summary, set up an item and marked it as 'not available for all region'. The items are associated with two vendors Priority 1 and 3. Both vendors have the same mnaufactuerer's item id. Set up 6 or 7 regions and tied 1 region to a lower priority vendor (Priority 3) and 1 region to the higher priority vendor (priority 1). When create a requisition, use the manufacturer's item id to search for the item, the search result does not return value for one of the region that tied priority 1 vendor. However, if user search by item id or item vendor id, the search result returned correct data.
Steps to reproduce the issue:
1) Create item with 2 vendors
2) Item Mfg item ID set to same value for both vendors
3) Each vendor must have a different UOM assigned; for test primary vendor uses EA and secondary vendor uses boxes
4) Item UOM detail: important to replicate : Default Req UOM must be checked for Eaches
5) Regional Security by vendor locations is enabled.
6) Item Vendor by Region; 1 region to number one priority vendor and 6 regions to number 3 priority vendor
7) Requester Setup: VP1uses Ship To:US001. Patrick Sanchez uses Ship To:US003
8) Build Verity Collection (in test built only for the test item)
9) On the "Build Search Index" run control page click 'Test Index' : By MFG item:PC123456789 *note here that only 1 of the 2 shows up…first indicator of the problem
10) TEST 1: search item by mfg item id for user with US001 ship to location
11) Returns results as expected
12) TEST 2: search by mfg id for user with US003 ship to location
13) Note the error when searching by the MFG ITM ID : "No Results. Refine Criteria or Use Special Request."
14) Search by the Item ID; and the item will show up; and the correct vendor for the region security is returned!
* important also to note that if the Default Req UOM flag is removed from the Item UOM and the collection rebuilt both item vendor line will show in the Test Index and are searchable
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms