Last updated on OCTOBER 09, 2015
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HRMS Human Resources - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
PeopleSoft Enterprise HRMS eProfile - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When employees have a name change processed, the new name does not change in the description field of their Person Profile. Is there a delivered process or configuration that is used to synchronize the description field of the Person Profile with the employee's new name when they have a name change? Either the field should change every time there is a change in the name or should not be auto populated while the profile is added.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login as administrator (e.g. demo user profile KC0002)
2. Navigate to Main Menu > Workforce Administration > Job Information > Job Data
3. Check employee data.
4. Navigate to Main Menu > Workforce Development > Profile Management > Profiles >Person Profiles
5. Check Person Profile.
6. Add profile in person profile:
7. Click Add
8. Check description is auto populated by Employee name. Click Save
9. Now login as Employee
10. Navigate to Main Menu > Self Service > Personal Information > Name Change
11. Click Edit name
12. Click Submit
13. Login as Admin
14. Navigate to Main Menu > Workforce Administration > Self Service Transactions > Name Changes
15. Approve the name change
16. Check name change reflect in Job data.
17. Check name change does not reflect in Person Profile
18. Navigate to Main Menu > Set Up HRMS > Product Related > Profile Management > Profiles > Maintain Profile Indexes
19. Run Maintain Profile Indexes
20. Even after running profile index, name in desc field stays same
Change on name reflects in Name link but not in description field which was auto populated while the profile was added. Either the field should change every time there is a change in the name or should not be auto populated while the profile is added.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms