Last updated on SEPTEMBER 15, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In a Multi-Ledger setup, Payment Posting creates a RSA entries ONLY in the Translation Ledger while no RSA entry is generated in the Primary Ledger. When these payment entires are Journal Generated over to GL, and since the Ledger Group is set up to 'Keep Ledgers in Sync', Journals are edited to error due to a Credit/Debit mismatch.
Journal is not balanced on journal totals or balancing ChartField totals.
1. Ledger Groups page is setup with a Primary Ledger, Secondary Ledger, three Translation Ledgers has the box checked for "Keep Ledger in Sync"
2. Installation Options > Payables page is setup with Posting Method = Detail Offset Method
3. Installation Options > Overall page has the box checked for "MultiBook entries in Subsystem"
4. Create a USD Voucher with 7 Invoice lines for an India Business Unit
5. Run Voucher Posting
6. Pay the Voucher in USD with a date that is different from the Invoice Date
7. Run Payment Posting
8. Review the accounting entries -- RSA entries are generated only in the Translation Ledgers and there is no RSA entry present in the Primary Ledger
9. Run Journal Generator
10. Run Journal Edit
11. Journal has the above error
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms