Duplicate Purchase Orders schedules are sent to the Vendor when a Purchase Order is Dispatched (EDX) twice before running the Outbound File Publish process, causing the Vendor to over ship the order
Last updated on APRIL 19, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When purchase order dispatch method = EDX and a purchase order is picked up by the PO Dispatch process twice, then the Outbound File Publish is run the XML file shows the schedule twice, causing the vendor, who sums the schedules, to ship double shipments.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Setup Service Operation for PURCHASE_ORDER_DISPATCH
2. Create a purchase order. Dispatch Method = EDX.
3. Dispatch the PO on-line. Status is updated to Dispatched.
4. From a Dispatch Run Control, Dispatch the Purchase Order again.
5. Publish the Outbound Message for PO Dispatch.
6. View the XML - the Vendor/Supplier receives.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users are receiving double shipments for those orders dispatched this way.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms