When An Employee Transfers To A New Paygroup, Appropriate Deductions Are Not Taken
(Doc ID 1598851.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 27, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When an employee who changes pay periods from monthly to biweekly at the start of the third pay period of the month, where there is no medical deduction to be taken, is having a partial premium taken from the monthly paycheck at month end. Why is the full premium not being taken?
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Set up bi-weekly pay calendars for 2013 -
- check generated 6 days after pay period end
- pay period 10-23 March/13, check 29 Mar/13 is the third pay check in the month
2. Medical deductions taken for 1st and 2nd pay periods in the month only
3. monthly paid employee transfers to bi-weekly pay on 10 March/13.
4. no break in coverage; XFR event processed with no change to medical coverage
5. bi-weekly pay check is produced through to confirm - no deduction for Medical
6. on Monthly check, partial deduction taken. There is enough $ to support the full deduction having been taken.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document