Last updated on JULY 27, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM eProcurement - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When item substitution is enabled for a BU and we copy requisition eprocurement-Manage requisition or core requisition-copy from option; user is prompted with item substitute question message (10200,620) . However depending on user response the item is not substituted with appropriate price.
Steps to recreate the issue:
- Navigate to Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Business Unit Related > Purchasing > Purchasing Definition. Item Substitute is setup at the PO BU. Ensure Allow Auto Item Substitution is on for PO Sourcing and Purchase Order
- Navigate to Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Product Related > Procurement Options > Purchasing > Requester Set Up. Turn on the option to Override Auto Item substitute. Save the page
- Navigate to Items > Define Items and Attributes > Purchasing Attributes and take a item say "TEST"
- Navigate to Item Supplier tab and click the Substitute Items link
- Add the Substitute Item say "TEST1" for the Original item "TEST" in Item Substitution under heading Item Supplier Location Substitute Items
- On the Item Supplier tab for Original item "TEST" click the Item Supplier UOM. Update / Add / Edit the following Supplier Price with 10.00. Click OK
- Similarly go to Substitute item "TEST1" and Navigate to Item Supplier UOM . Update / Add / Edit the supplier price with 20.00. Click OK and save the page
- Navigate to Purchasing > Requisitions > Add/Update Requisitions > Click on Add to create a Requisition for Item "TEST"
- Enter the Requester if it is not defaulted automatically. Click on Requisition Defaults. Modify the GL BU and click OK
- Enter item ID "TEST", quantity, and UOM and a message pops up saying that ,"Do You Want to Substitute Item TEST1 to replace the Original Item TEST for line 1 at this time? (10200,670)"
- Click YES to substitute the item. The Requisition is now created with substituted item "TEST1". Save the Requisition.
- Create a new requisition and use copy requisition to create the new requisition
- Click the Copy From link and use copy from to copy the existing requisition to the newly created requisition
- Enter the Requisition ID that was created from the last requisition created. Click Search and check the Req ID check box. Click OK
- A Message pops up saying that ,"Do You Want to Substitute Item TEST1 to replace the Original Item TEST for line 1 at this time? (10200,670)"
- Say No to the Message. The requisition is created with the original item "TEST". Save the Requisition.
- The original item id TEST is copied to the new requisition. The price should be 10.00 for item TEST. But price is showing as 20.00
- Lets do the same test in eProcurement > Manage Requisition. Go to Manage Requisitions page and enter the requisition you created earlier. Click search
- Click the dropdown action COPY and click GO
- System will pop up the message box saying that,""Do You Want to Substitute Item TEST1 to replace the Original Item TEST for line 1 at this time? (10200,670)"
- Say No to the message
- A new requisition is created with wrong price as 20.00. The Requisition is displayed with the original item "TEST" but displays the price of substitute item "TEST1"
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms