E-QR: No Longer Able To Delete Other User’s Private Queries Via Query Administration
(Doc ID 1602482.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.53 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
*** Checked For Relevance **On 26-April-2017*
Post 8.53 tools upgrade, the user is no longer able to delete other user's private queries via Query Administration. When select for deletion, the queries are removed from the view as if deleted; however, a new search returns them in the active result set. The owner of the private query is able to successfully delete.
On previous PeopleTools versions to PT 8.53(PT 8.52 and earlier) the user can successfully delete other user's private queries via Query Administration. When select for deletion, the queries are removed from the view as deleted and a new search does not return them in the active result set as they have been successfully deleted.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login to PIA with PSHC
2. Navigate to Reporting Tools > Query > Query Manager
3. Create a new private query(e.g. SB_QA_TEST)
4. Query SQL:
SELECT A.EMPLID, A.DEPTID, A.JOBCODE, A.LOCATION
FROM PS_JOB A, PS_EMPLMT_SRCH_QRY A1
WHERE ( A.EMPLID = A1.EMPLID
AND A.EMPL_RCD = A1.EMPL_RCD
AND A1.OPRID = 'PSHC'
AND ( A.EFFDT =
(SELECT MAX(A_ED.EFFDT) FROM PS_JOB A_ED
WHERE A.EMPLID = A_ED.EMPLID
AND A.EMPL_RCD = A_ED.EMPL_RCD
AND A_ED.EFFDT AND A.EFFSEQ =
(SELECT MAX(A_ES.EFFSEQ) FROM PS_JOB A_ES
WHERE A.EMPLID = A_ES.EMPLID
AND A.EMPL_RCD = A_ES.EMPL_RCD
AND A.EFFDT = A_ES.EFFDT) ) )
5. Sign Out
6. Login to PIA with PS
7. Navigate to PeopleTools > Utilities > Administration > Query Administration
8. Search by: Query Name: (e.g. SB_QA_TEST)
9. Select the query
10. Delete the query
11. In the Query Administration perform a New Research by the same Query name - the query still exists but does not have any Admin Active Options(Delete button, Enable/Disable buttons etc.)
12. Sign Out
13. Login with PSHC
14. Navigate to PeopleTools > Utilities > Administration > Query Administration
15. Search by: Query Name: (e.g. SB_QA_TEST)
16. The query still occurs and may be deleted permanently only by PSHC User, the owner of the private query.
A new feature has been implemented in PeopleTools 8.53 version.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document