3C Comment Category Code Does Not Match Comment Text
Last updated on NOVEMBER 13, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Campus Community - Version 9 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Comment that has been setup with multiple effective dated rows and 3C event definition with multiple effective dated rows does not pull in the correct comment text itself. It does pull the correct comment category and the new comment category description is now used for all rows (which it should not be), but the old comment text is used.
Expect the correct comment description and text to be used.
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1. Go to Campus Community - Comments- setup comments - Comment category and setup a new comment category for the admin function of FINA - I setup SSFA1 with an effdt of 11/1/1901, and set the description and the comment itself to "sstest FA comment 1" and set the allow changes to yes.
2. Go to Campus Community - Comments- setup comments - Comment 3c groups and assign the new comment category to the 3C groups of FINA and UGAD
3. Go to Query Manager and Setup the query QA_CS_CC_PS_3CENGINE_FINA to select just one EMPLID - I used FAD0147 and just added the criteria of B.EMPLID = 'FAD0147'
4. Go to Campus Community - 3C Engine - setup 3c Engine - Event Definition and add a new event definition. I named mine SSFACMNT with an effdt of 1/1/1901. I set the description of "ss test fa comment" and the Admin function to FINA and I selected the Comment I created above - SSFA1.
5. Run the 3C engine with the parameters set to use pop selection, Institution of PSUNV, Admin Func of FINA, Event definition created above of SSFACMNT which should then populate the Comment area with the SSFA1 comment to get the comment assigned to the person FAD0147.
6. Verify by going to the person comment entry page to see the comments. This is important - CHANGE the Comment date to yesterday's date as this is one of the fields that does get picked up correctly.
7. Now go to the comment category page in correct history mode and access the SSFA1 comment category that you created above.
8. Add a new effdt row and change both the description and the comment text to "sstest FA comment 2" and save.
9. Go to the event definition for SSFACMNT and add a new effdt row to this. Note that the NEW Description for the comment category shows on the event definition.
10. Run the 3C engine as above - note that the comment shows the new description in the runcontrol page.
11. Go to the Person Comment entry page to see the comments now assigned to this person. You will now notice that ALL the comments that you ran for this person have now been changed to the newer Comment description however you will be able to tell which are the new verses the old by looking at the comment date. You will also note that the comment text for all rows is the old text.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot be sure the correct data is being used.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms