Ship Via is not Defaulting Correctly Based on Item Setup
(Doc ID 1610262.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 23, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The Ship Via is configured at the Business Unit and Item Level. When a Purchase Order is created, the PO always takes the Ship Via value from the BU level and is never taking the Ship Via if defined at the Item level. This is occurring because the PO Default page is set to Override and the Ship Via is defaulted on the page from BU. As a result, the PO always takes the BU level Ship Via value.
Steps to recreate the issue:
- Navigate to Set up Financials/Supply Chain > Common Definitions > Shipping and Receiving > Ship Via Codes.
- Set-Up Ship Via Code as AIR for Set ID A
- Set-Up another Ship Via Code as COMMON for Set ID A
- Navigate to Set up Financials/Supply Chain > Business Unit Related > Purchasing > Purchasing Options
- Set-Up Ship-Via as COMMON in Purchasing Option
- Set-up Item XXXX with Vendor XXXXX as the Priority 1 Vendor with Ship Via AIR. Ship Via can be set up at Item > Purchasing Controls page
- Set-up another Item YYYYY with Vendor XXXXX as the Priority 1 Vendor with Ship Via COMMON. Ship Via can be set up at Item > Purchasing Controls page
- Navigate to Vendor > Vendor Information > Additional procurement Options.
- Ensure that for Vendor XXXXXX the Shipping Method Option is Default from Higher Level. Also make sure that the Shipping Method is blank
- Create a new Purchase Order for both Items and Save the PO.
- Drill to the Schedule and verify the Ship Via value.
- The system defaulted COMMON as the Ship Via for both Items. This is incorrect. The Ship Via should of defaulted from the Item setup
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document