First operand of . is NULL error on Save and Submit of eprocurement Requisition
(Doc ID 1610672.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 07, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM eProcurement - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
System throws an error message on save and submit of requisition which was saved earlier using Save for Later button when workflow is enabled.
Error Message :
First operand of . is NULL, so cannot access member stages. (180,236) FUNCLIB_PP.PAGE_FUNCS.FieldFormula Name:FormatPage PCPC:9086 Statement:174
Called from:PV_REQ_WF_PREVIEW.Activate Statement:1
The first operand of the dot operator is the NULL value, indicating the lack of any object value. As a consequence, the given method or property cannot be used.
SET UP STEPS
1. Navigate to eProcurement installation option and ensure that Display Approval chunking is checked
2. Ensure that Workflow is enabled for the Requisition and Default Process definition should be unchecked for that active workflow process definition
3. At the same time , I should have one Process definition which should be Inactive and for that Process definition , Default Process definition should be checked
5. Lets say Approval Process Definition ID for Requisition is-XXXXXX-- which is inactive and Default Process Definition is checked
6. Lets take the actual process definition used for requisition workflow. Here Default process definition is not checked. Take action on Line completion is not checked
1. Create an eProcurement Requisition for Special item
2. Add to Cart and Checkout
3. Click on Save for Later-You will notice that Requisition ID gets generated
4. Come out of the Requisition. Click on Home. Navigate to Home > Main Menu > eprocurement > Manage Requisition
5. You will find requisition is in Open status
6. Select Action Edit from the dropdown and click on Go to Edit the Requisition
7. As we can see we are getting a message. The emssage states that requisition is in Pending and needs re-approval. Ideally Requisition was never saved and should not retrigger for approval
8. Lets click on OK
9. Click on Save and Submit
10. The error message appears
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document