Change Request to a Purchase Order (PO) Linked to a Contract Line Item Gives an Incorrect Error
(Doc ID 1610822.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 13, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When we do a change request to a purchase order that is linked to a Contract line item, we get an incorrect error. The error states that the contract maximum would be exceeded, even when this is not true. It seems to be adding the new Merchandise amount to the amount already released against the contract.
Error:Contract Maximums would be exceeded. (10206, 23)
Steps to recreate the issue:
- Create a Item say TEST and link it to a Vendor say ABC Auto Supply vendor. The test item has a price of $1.00
- Created the contract and added the item as a contract line. The contract was created with a $50,000 max amount
- Created the requisition using the item with a quantity of 35,000 (total dollar amount: $35,000)
- Referenced both the contract ID and contract line
- Sourced the requisition to a PO. Confirmed that contract showed that $35,000 had been released.
- Entered a change request to increase the quantity of the PO to 45,000 (which would increase the total PO amount to $45,000--still less than the contract max)
- Approved the change request and ran the PO_POCHNG job
- Change Request went into Error.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document