Purchase Order Line Numbers Are Not In Sequence when Quick Sourced from a Multiline Requisition
Last updated on JULY 18, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM eProcurement - Version 8.9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Why Purchase Order (PO) Line Numbers are not in sequence when sourcing multiple line requisitions through Quick Sourcer. Two examples of this is provided below:
Environment setup: Vendor details: SHARE/SCM0000045 Vendor has two locations
1) Create a requisition (US001/215) of 6 lines with same vendor ID and different vendor locations.
Req Line 1 and 3 - same vendor location
Req Line 2,4,5,6 - same vendor location.
2) Save the requisition by clicking Save & Preview approvals.
3) Edit the requisition and add one time address for each requisition line and submit for approval.
4) Shown the one time address entered for each requisition lines. One time address of all requisition lines and ship to address of requisition should be different.
5) After the requisition is Approved. Source the requisition you will get two Purchase Orders (PO/s)
1st PO will be created for 1,3 req lines
2nd PO will be created for 2,4,5,6 req lines
6) Approve and dispatch both the PO’s.
7) Now cancel the first PO with 1,3 lines.
8) Create the change order (CO) for second PO by selecting copy requisition. Copy the same requisition which is created.
9) Now PO will have 8 lines (7,8 are two new lines added).
Actual Result: PO line Numbers on the 2nd PO shows as 2,3,4,5,6,7,8
Expected Result: PO line Number is expected as 1,2,3,4,5,6
1) Create requisition with 3 lines and each line has a different vendor.
2) Source requisition using Quick Sourcer.
3) 3 PO's are created, one for each vendor. However, the first line of each PO don't start with the number "1." The three POs have the following Line numbers: PO 1 = Line 1, PO 2 = Line 2 and PO 2 = Line 3.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms