E-REN: Unable to Configure SHA2 SSL Certificate on REN Server. REN Server Logs "error:0D0C50A1:asn1 encoding routines:ASN1_item_verify:unknown message digest algorithm"
(Doc ID 1619109.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 26, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.52 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After configuring a SHA2 certificate on the REN server, the REN functionality no longer works. If running a REN buffer test or ping test, the user may get one of the following errors:
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1. Install a SHA2 SSL certificate using the "Digital Certificates" Page
2. Configure REN server to use the SHA2 certificate
3. Restart Application Server Domain
4. Log into PeopleSoft application and run a REN Buffer Test or Ping Test
5. The Buffer Test and Ping Test fail and issue one of the messages noted above
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document