EGL: Several Issues Reported for 2014 French Statutory Accounting Audit Files (FEC)
(Doc ID 1620870.1)
Last updated on JULY 06, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
1. The amounts of a reversal GL Journal appear on both the debit and the credit side in the FEC report when separate debit/credit is used :-
a) Configure separate debit and credit
b) Create and post journal with reversal (for example, orig journal with a DR amount of 13119.14 and CR amount of -13119.14)
c) Movement Flag on jrnl_ln for original journal is set to N and set to R for the reversal
d) Run FEC extract - Statutory Reports, FEC Audit File FRA, Export FEC Data FRA
e) Data on ps_fec_rpt_s_acc show amounts in both posted_total_dr and posted_total_cr fields
2. The ACCOUNTING_DT field is not populated for GL Journals
3. Currency code is always populated with the BU’s base currency code and the POSTED_TRAN_AMT is always populated, even when the foreign currency is the same as the base currency :-
The FEC file amounts, TOTAL_POSTED_DR/CR, are implicitly in the GL BU’s base currency, EURO. Two additional fields contain currency related information:
- POSTED_TRAN_AMT should contain the foreign currency amounts, when they exist
- CURRENCY_CD should contain the related currency code
4. FEC Audit File process does not pick up opening balances :-
The FS_FECEXPORT Application Engine step that retrieves opening balance journals (OpenBals.InsBal) filters data based on the LEDGER id that is passed from the run control via a bind variable:
... AND TR.LEDGER=%Bind(LEDGER) ....
But the filter is applied on Alias TR, which refers to the JRNL_HEADER table, where the LEDGER field is never populated : journal headers are assigned to Ledger Groups, the Ledger is assigned at the journal line level.
As a result, the SQL statement does not retrieve any data.
The filter should be applied to Alias TR1 which refers the JRNL_LN table.
5. The process filters journal headers on Unpost Sequence = 0 for subsystem journals. Therefore it picks up the original journal but not the unpost journal :-
a) Mark a subsystem journal to unpost and run GLPOST.
b) GL now has two journals with the same id, the original journal generated journal and its unpost, each with a different doc_seq_nbr:
c) Run the FEC Extract
6. The extract is missing system sources :-
Some system sources are missing from the FEC extract. But it is not possible to add them to the FEC_PRODUCT_TBL because they do not appear in the drop down list.
As a result, GL journals with a system source other than PNL are not picked up by the FEC extract.
Sources to be added include:
ALO PS/GL Allocations
ALV PS/GL Alloc using VAT
EXT PS/GL External Journal
EXV PS/GL External with VAT
NVS PS/GL Spreadsheet Journal
SCP PS/GL Copy Journal
SJE PS/GL Standard Journal Entry
7. Join between JRNL_HEADER and JRNL_LN is missing two key fields. As a result, journal lines are being extracted with the wrong header information and excess lines are generated by a Cartesian join.
8. Date format is not the required format :-
All the date formats in the FEC file layout are defined as MM/DD/YYYY
The legal requirement is to provide dates formatted as YYYYMMDD, without separators
9. Matching information is not populated for GL Journals :-
The FEC_MATCH_DOC_REF and FEC_MATCH_DOC_DATE fields are not populated by the FS_FECEXPORT process in the case of GL Journals.
The expectation is to have
- FEC_MATCH_DOC_REF= a concatenation of OPEN_ITEM_GL.OPEN_ITEM_KEY and OPEN_ITEM_GL.OPENITEM_RECON_NBR
- FEC_MATCH_DOC_DATE = OPEN_ITEM_GL.CLOSED_DT
with a join on BUSINESS_UNIT, JOURNAL_ID, JOURNAL_DATE, UNPOST_SEQ, JOURNAL_LINE and LEDGER for rows where OPEN_ITEM_STATUS = ‘C’
a) Ensure data exist on PS_OPEN_ITEM_GL for requesting BU
b) Run FEC extract - Statutory Reports > FEC Audit File FRA > Export FEC Data FRA for the BU
c) FEC_RPT_D_ACC.FEC_MATCH_DOC_REF and FEC_MATCH_DOC_DATE fields are empty
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document