Transaction Accounting Rules Can Be Added for Non Existing Items, Item Groups, and Distribution Types
Last updated on JULY 30, 2015
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Inventory - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Manufacturing - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Cost Management - Version 8.4 SP2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This Knowledge Document applies to Cost Management releases 9.1 and 9.2
Transaction Accounting Rules (navigation: Set Up Financials/Supply Chain, Product Related, Cost accounting, Transaction Accounting Rules) can be added for non existing Items, Item Groups and Distribution Type.
Steps to reproduce the issue:
- Navigate to 'Transaction Accounting Rules' page.
- Select a Business Unit, a Transaction Group, and enter 'ABC' as Item ID (non existing Item ID).
- Click on 'Search' > 0 row is returned.
- Add a new value for the selected Business Unit, Transaction Group and Item ID 'ABC'.
- Enter an Account for Debit (DR) and Credit (CR) and save > it works while the Item ID is still 'ABC'.
Similar replication steps can used for entering an invalid Item group and an invalid Distribution Type.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms