Buyers Workbench Allows a Not Authorized User to Dispatch a Purchase Order (PO)
(Doc ID 1622823.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Purchase Orders, Buyer's Workbench a Buyer who is not Authorized is allowed to dispatch the PO.
Steps to recreate the issue:
- Navigate to User Preferences > Procurement > Purchase Order Authorization and check PO authorization for Buyer. Buyer is VP1 . Logged in as VP1
- Approve a PO using Buyer VP1
- Lets revoke the rights from PO authorization for the Buyer VP1. Ensure that all actions for Purchase order authorization are removed
- Try to Dispatch the PO-Navigate to Add/Update PO-try to open up the PO
- User gets the message-You don't have authority to work approved purchase orders. Transferring to PO Inquiry. (10200,153)
- This is valid and is working as Expected.
Try to dispatch the same PO using Buyer’s Workbench.
- Search the PO-Select the PO-Dispatch the PO
- Click on Dispatch-If necessary select a Run control ID
- On click of Dispatch a Log is shown –Click on the Log
- It says-You cannot Dispatch the purchase order for this buyer.
- Click on Override. Select Yes to Proceed
- Click Yes on the message,” Continue to Dispatch POs. (10224,41)”
- Check the PO
- The PO is dispatched. The PO should not be Dispatched as Buyer does not have authority.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document