Ship To is not Defaulting from the User Preference Setup when Creating a Purchase Order (PO)
(Doc ID 1623223.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When creating a new online PO, if the Ship To is not defaulting from User Preference's Setup if it is missing from the Buyer Setup.
This is happening for item code and ad-hoc items.
Steps to recreate the issue:
1. User preferences – VP2 – has rights for purchasing.
Ship To Location = US006 is expecting to defaulting in the PO Ship To
Notice the VP2 has set on.
2. Check the VP1 User Preferences, too
3. Buyer setup for VP1 – No Ship To defined
4. Buyer VP2 – No Ship To defined
Replication steps - Case 1
- Sign in as VP2 and create a PO with Buyer = VP1
- Enter the adhoc item information.
- On the Schedule, the Ship To is incorrect. It is defaulting from VP2 Buyer and not from VP2 User Preferences where it is defined as US006.
- Save the PO.
Replication steps - Case 2
- Remove the Ship To from the VP2 Buyer.
- Make sure you are login with VP2 and Create a new PO with VP1 as Buyer
- Go to Ship To \ Due Date tab
- Message received, Click OK 'Changing Buyer will change the default values.'
- Notice the Ship To is not defaulting from User Preferences. In the previous case the Ship To was defaulting from VP2.
Replication steps - Case 3
- Make sure the VP1 user has full authority for all buyers.
- Create PO logged as VP2, using Buyer VP1
- Notice the Ship To is not defaulting from VP2 User Preferences.
Replication steps - Case 4
- Test for an item code
- The Ship To location is not defaulting from VP2 user preferences.
As per PeopleBooks the hierarchy is Buyer, Requester then User (http://peoplebooks.us.oracle.com:6460/ODLA/fscm91pbr1/eng/psbooks/spog/book.htm).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document