Last updated on NOVEMBER 22, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM eProcurement - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Issue with Auto Numbering of Requisition ID while creation of New requisition in 9.2
Steps to recreate the issue
Below steps can be followed to replicate the issue. It is assumed that application has been upgraded from version 8.9 to 9.2 and data conversion has been completed.
1. Run below queries for a particular business unit :
select LAST_AUTO_NBR from PS_AUTO_NUM_TBL_BU where business_unit='BUSINESS_UNIT' ;
select max(req_id) from ps_req_hdr where business_unit='BUSINESS_UNIT' ;
Both of them will fetch same number
2. Run below query for the same business unit as above:
select REQ_ID_LAST_USED from PS_BUS_UNIT_TBL_PM where business_unit='BUSINESS_UNIT';
If no requisition has been created for this business unit then the value returned by this query will be 0.
3. Go to: eProcurement > Requisition and create a new requisition for the above business unit.
4. Ideally, the new requisition ID should be derived by incrementing the last requisition ID for that particular business unit.
5. In 8.9 the last requisition ID was picked from PS_AUTO_NUM_TBL_BU. But in 9.2 the last requisition ID will be picked from PS_BUS_UNIT_TBL_PM.
6. Since, data has not been updated in the table PS_BUS_UNIT_TBL_PM from PS_AUTO_NUM_TBL_BU (which should have been a part of conversion), the new requisition ID will either start from 0 or will acquire first available value, instead of incrementing the last requisition ID.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms