Last updated on APRIL 03, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Grants - Version 9.1 and later
PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Project Costing - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.1 version, Functionality
When attempting to Copy Project,
the following error occurs.
Error 1: An invalid parameter has been passed to the file attachment function. (2,788) PC_COPY_AE.10000000.GBL.default.1900-01-01.Step05.OnExecute PCPC:1583 Statement:15
An invalid parameter has been passed to one of the following functions: AddAttachment(), ViewAttachment(), or DeleteAttachment().
Error 2: Process 823633 ABENDED at Step PC_COPY_AE.10000000.Step05 (PeopleCode) -- RC = 8 (108,524)
Error 3: CallAppEngine: Application PC_COPY_AE: AppEngine error. (2,653) PC_CPY_PROJ_WRK.TEMPLATE_COPY.SavePostChange PCPC:2751 Statement:53
During a CallAppEngine builtin function call, the Application Engine detected an error. The Application Engine log may provide more information.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. In Demo, Create a Proposal in business unit EGV05. Use KU0047 as the PI ID.
2. Populate the rest of the required field and save.
3. Go To Projects tab. Click on the + sign of the grid. Add new Project. Save. The sub-division and institution may need to be provided. Please add and save.
4. Submit the Proposal, Generate an award
5. Review the tables. You will see an entry for the new project with blank ATTACHSYSFILENAME, ATTACHUSERFILE values in the following tables.
select * from ps_gm_prop_doc
select * from ps_proj_document
6. Project Costing > Utilities > Copy Project. Try copying the project.
7. Above error messages are encountered.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms