Last updated on JANUARY 22, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HRMS Time and Labor - Version 9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
HRMS 9.0 Bundle 22 Tools 8.51
Currently when the cursor is on a searchable field on the Timesheet, like the magnifying glass lookup the screen reader (JAWS) says to use Alt+5. This is confusing for the visually impaired user. Alt+5 does work on the edit box for the field, but that is not where the user is directed to use it. The instructions to use Alt+5 should be moved to the edit box for the field before the magnifying glass lookup, or the Alt+5 functionality be moved to the magnifying glass lookup to agree with the directions.
The screen reader should inform the users that there is a prompt available and to use Alt+5 while the cursor is in the edit box of the field prior to navigating to the prompt icon (magnifying glass).
Steps to Recreate:
1. Set Accessibility Features to Use Accessible Layout Mode under My Personalizations.
2. Log out and back in.
3. Navigate to Employee Self Service >Time Reporting > Report Time> Timesheet:
4. On row 1 in the timesheet Tab to the first searchable field on the timesheet. In this case it is Taskgroup field.
5. Press Alt + 5 to access lookup page.
6. Review Results. This works as it should even though the reader does not inform the users there is a prompt available.
7. Tab to the magnifying glass next to this Taskgroup field on the timesheet.
8. Press Alt + 5 to access lookup page.
9. Review Results. This does not work even though the reader informs the users there is a prompt available.
Visually impaired user is confused and by the instructions on the correct field to be used to access lookup page.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms