Last updated on JULY 11, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Expenses - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After the installation of the fix from <Bug 17641389> (Enhancement: Mobile Expenses Not Accepting PC ChartField Values If No Project Defaults Defined), a secondary issue has been identified that needs addressing, though it is inconsistent and not replicable for all cases.
Having added a new Expense Report transaction via Mobile Expenses, upon adding the Accounting Details at the Expense Report Line Distribution level, the Project Costing Business Unit desired can be selected without problem. This in its turn will filter the Project ID values to be displayed upon searching in that Field, so that only those related to the selected PC Business Unit will be shown. Now though, if an Employee enters a value of 'p' in the Project ID Field, the automatic search will generate a list of potential results, with all displayed Projects stating with 'P%'. If then the User selects one of the displayed Projects, once clicked, the Project ID Field remains storing a value of 'p', instead of storing the complete Project ID value of the Project selected, and its related Project Description is also not being displayed. The system only automatically displays the search results list for the Activity ID Field.
- Log into the FSCM Online Application as User VP1
- Navigate to: Employee Self-Service > Mobile Applications
- Click on the Expenses icon
- Click on the Create Expense Report icon
- Add the Expense Report Header fields, and click on Save
- Click on the Add Expense icon
- At the Expense Report Line level, define all the below values in their respective Fields:
- Date = January 3rd 2014
- Expense Type = Entertainment Other
- Payment Type = Cash
- Expense Billing Code = Internal
- Transaction Amount = 100.00
- Currency = USD
- Expense Location = NEWK
- Description = GCS Test
- Once done, proceed to click on the 'Distribution' button
- In the Accounting Distribution Line page, enter the below values:
- GL Business Unit = US001
- Department = 41000
- PC Business Unit = US001
- At the Project Field, enter a partial value of 'p' and await for the automatic search to display the found results
- From the drop down list automatically generated by the search engine, select the second Project ID
- Note how after having clicked on the desired Project ID, the Field value remains as 'p' instead of the Project ID Name, and the system automatically displays the Activity ID potential options to select
The Project ID Field is not storing the proper value, and upon saving no validations trigger any errors or warning messages stating that the value stored is incomplete.
Upon selecting a valid Project ID value from the drop down list, the Project ID Name and description should be properly stored in the work records and displayed correctly online in the Mobile Applications.
To gather more information concerning this scenario and its related problem, refer to the available Replication Steps Word Document containing the complete configuration and the replication steps necessary to reproduce the issue.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms