Last updated on JANUARY 17, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.53 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 12-Aug-2015***
***Checked for relevance on 17-Jan-2017***
In a cloned environment that has on a Windows machine that has other HCM 9.2 environments running in it and has the COBOL license configured correctly and compiled.
The COBOL processes for the other environments run successfully but when run using the cloned database, The result is error but does not give any message whatsoever and generates a 0 byte log file.
-Remote Call Test button error:
-On the same Windows 2008 R2 server, an actual HCM 9.2 demo (non Cloned), an initial pass upgraded HCM 9.2, and an initial pass upgraded HCM 9.2 with all the HCM 9.2 Image 5 patches. All of those environments can run the COBOL programs without any problem. It is only the copy/cloned environment that results the COBOL process go to error.
The following steps have been done:
1. Compiled the COBOL programs using unicode option as the database is unicode.
2. Ran all the store*.dms scripts located in %PS_HOME%\src\cbl and the storeddl.dms.
3. Reconfigured the Process Scheduler and set the value of CBLBIN=%PS_HOME%\CBLBINU.
4. Ran the COBOL process.
5. Message log shows "Process Request shows status of 'INITIATED' or 'PROCESSING' but no longer running"
6. Log/Trace file created a file "CBL_PTPDBTST_7013.log" with 0 byte.
The PS_HOME installations are all non-unicode. However, for the PS_HOME for Image 5 copy/clone, the unicode.cfg file has been added in the %PS_HOME%\setup directory. The database is unicode as delivered in Image 5 of HCM 9.2. Originally this was compiled as non unicode but result was same error. When the database was checked, discovered it was delivered as a unicode database. Then recompiled as unicode to match.
Windows 2008 R2
Microfocus NetExpress 5.1 WP6
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms