EGL 9.0: Budget Close Journal Fails Budget Check When Roll Forwarding Budget Balances with Blank Chartfield Values
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 27, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9 version, KK-Budget Closing
Journal created but fails budget checking because it sees values for blank budget_ref, which is a required chartfield on the budget definition
Expect budget check to be valid.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Define Control chartfield of FUND
2. Define Keys and Translations to “require” multiple chartfields including the control chartfield and budget ref
3. On Control Chartfield tab set certain chartfield values to track and open
4. Create budgets for those that require budget and post
5. Create expense activity on multiple fund values leave a certain fund value using a blank budget ref and post
6. Run budget close.
7. Journal created but fails budget checking because it sees values for blank budget_ref, which is a required chartfield on the budget definition.
8. Make sure Check roll forward negative remaining budgets is selected in the budget close closing rule
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms