EAP: Enhancement to determine the Sales/Use Tax Applicability at the Business Unit level
(Doc ID 1633294.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Vendors are shared across Business Units. The Sales/Use Tax Applicability for one Business Unit may not be the same as another Business Unit.
Requesting an Enhancement Request that allows the User to determine at the Business Unit level the Sales/Use Tax Applicability of the Business Unit, whether it is Use Tax applicable, Sales Tax applicable, or Exempt.
1. Business Unit A has the Sales/Tax Applicability as Sales Tax Applicable
2. Business Unit B has the Sales/Tax Applicability as Use Tax Applicable
3. Vendor is setup as Use Tax Applicable at the Vendor level
4. This Vendor is used to create a PO Voucher for Business Unit A
5. Sales Tax is added to the PO Voucher
6. When the PO Voucher is saved, the following message will always be received:
Sales Tax has been recorded for this Voucher. The Supplier's default is Use Tax. (7030,600)
Sales Tax has been recorded for this Voucher. The Invoicing Supplier's Location is set with a default of Use Tax.
If was able to set the Sales/Use Tax Applicability to Sales Tax Applicable at the Business Unit level for Business Unit A, above error would not be received for the Vendor since wouldn't have to set the Sales/Use Tax Applicability at the Vendor level. It would be defaulted at the Business Unit level.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|This document is being delivered to you via Oracle Support's Rapid Visibility (RaV) process and therefore has not been subject to an independent technical review.|