Duplicate Category Created with Category ID 00001 or NEXT when Modifying an Existing Category in 'Correct History' Mode
Last updated on FEBRUARY 06, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Inventory - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When updating an existing Category ID in 'Correct History' mode using the 'Item Categories' page (navigation: Items, Define Controls, Item Categories), all fields are blanked out as if you were adding a new Category. When saving, you end up having 2 Categories with 2 different Category ID's, one of them being 00001 or NEXT. Any further changes are recorded under the Category with Category ID 00001 or NEXT.
Steps to reproduce the issue:
- Add a new Category, save, note the Category ID (= 12345), and exit the page.
- Go to the 'Add a New Value' page.
- Try to add the same Category > the existing Category is displayed at the bottom of the page. Click on it.
- Click on the 'Correct History' button > all fields are blanked out as if you were adding a new Category.
- Fill the required fields again and save.
- Search for the Category in the 'Find an Existing Value' page > 2 rows are displayed. Click on one of the 2 rows > the Category is displayed but the Category ID = 00001 or NEXT <> 12345 (see step 1).
- Any further changes are recorded under the Category with Category ID 00001 or NEXT instead 12345.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms