EGL9.2 : Journal Unpost (GL_JP) Process Abended at Step GL_JP_UNPOST.SuspRvsl.InsHdSib With "ORA-00001: unique constraint" Error
(Doc ID 1636823.1)
Last updated on MAY 27, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When trying to unpost a journal, due to incorrect brackets at GL_JP_UNPOST.SuspRvsl.InsXref, it causes extra rows to be inserted in PS_JRNL_XRF_TMP. Due to which step GL_JP_UNPOST.SuspRvsl.InsHdSib goes to unique constraint error. This happens when a journal marked for reversal has suspense entries is unposted. Also, there should be data in PS_JRNL_HDR_SIBL.
Steps to Replicate:
1. Setup balance suspense for 2 BU’s.
2. Create inter-unit journal (anchor US003 and non-anchor US001). Mark them for reversal for next period.
3. Create unbalanced journals so that suspense lines are created after edit.
4. Post the original journal.
5. Go to suspense correction page. Provide correct the journals. Suspense journals would be created.
6. Edit and Post the suspense journals. This would ensure you have 4 journals – Original, reversal, suspense original, suspense reversal. Also verify the data in PS_JRNL_HDR_SIBL.
7. Create around 2-3 such journals.
8. Create a journal (non-interunit for US003) marked for reversal for the next day. This should be an unbalanced journal.
9. Edit it. Suspense line would be created.
10. Post it.
11. Correct the suspense entries.
12. Edit and post the journal.
13. Now unpost the original journal.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document