EGL 9.2 : Batch Journal Post (GL_JP) Not Considering The Process Date Option When 'Do Not Post Future-Dated Jrnls' Marked For Ledger Group / Business Unit
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 14, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When "Do not post future-dated jrnls" is selected at Ledgers for a unit and "Journal Process Date Option" is set as "Process Date" on BU definition, journal should not be posted when the journal date is greater than the process date set on business unit definition and current date. However, batch journal post is allowing a journal to be posted, although journal date is greater than process date and less than the current date. Online Post pops an error message.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Set "Journal Process Date Option" Option as "Process Date'" and enter process date at Business Unit Definition.
2. Select "Do not post future-dated jrnls" at Ledgers For A Unit page, journal posting option page for Business Unit / Ledger group.
2. Enter a journal greater than process date and less than current date.
3. Edit journal.
4. Try posting online. It will not allow you to post.
5. Now post the journal using batch processing. The journal gets posted.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms