EGL 9.2 : Journal Post Creates Reversal Journals With Incorrect Journal ID Format When Books Use Ledger Code And Re
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 14, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Journal Post creates reversal journal, even though Reversal is not required on the journal header. This happens when books use Ledger Code functionality.
The reversal journal is in error, but posted, no account value in journal and has incorrect journal ID format.
No revsersal journal is created if Reversal is not requested on the journal header of the posted journal.
1. Activate Book Code at the Overall Installation page
2. Set up Ledger For a Unit and Open period by Ledger Code.
3. On Ledgers For A Unit > Definition page,
>> check "Report Average Balances"
4. On Ledgers For A Unit > Journal Post options page,
>> Check "enable posting by date codes"
>> uncheck "Automatic post reversals".
4. The journal is entered without Reversal requested on the journal header.
5. The journal is edited and posted.
5. A reversal journal is somehow created after journal post although reversal is not requested.
In addition, below is observed with this reversal journal.
>> The journal id format is incorrect ( without leading zeros)
>> The ADB Date and Adjustment Type are not populated.
>> Journal is posted automatically even though "Automatic Post Reversals" is not selected at edgers for a unit.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms