EEX 9.2: PC ChartFields Drop Down Lists Show Only Blank In Mobile Expenses When There Are Thousands Of Potential Values
(Doc ID 1638324.1)
Last updated on APRIL 10, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Expenses - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Once the fix from <Bug 18047292> has been installed (FSCM 9.2 Image #5), when an Expenses Employee uses the Mobile Expenses Applications to create a new Expense Report, at the Distribution Accounting Detail level, the Category, and SubCategory Project Costing ChartFields drop down lists only come back blank, while it is certain that in the FSCM environment there are more than enough values to choose from, (actually, in the tens of thousands each).
This seems to be related to the fact that the new drop down lists that were delivered along with the Project Costing ChartFields enhancement via <Bug 17641389> (Enhancement: Mobile Expenses Not Accepting PC ChartField Values If No Project Defaults Defined), are not prepared to handle such volume of values to be displayed. Drop down lists in Mobile Applications have a certain limitation as to how many values can get displayed in one go. If the Category, or SubCategory PC ChartFields have tens of thousands of valid values, the system has a Stack Exceed issue at the back end, and does not return any values at all.
This prevents users from properly entering the Accounting Details needed for their transactions.
- Via a Data Mover Script tool, execute in the proper FSCM Database the DMS DAT file to upload set up data into Records PS_PROJ_CATG_TBL and PS_PROJ_TYPE_CAT
- Log into the FSCM Online Application as User VP1
- Navigate to: Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Business Unit Related > Project Costing > Project Costing Definition
- Open Project Costing Business Unit US001
- At the Dynamic Edit Tables section, make sure to configure the below settings, and save the changes:
- Category Edit Option = Related
- SubCategory Edit Option = Related
- Category Edit Table = PROJ_TYPE_CATVW
- SubCategory Edit Table = PROJ_CAT_SUB_VW
- Navigate to: Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Business Unit Related > Project Costing > Project Costing Options
- Open Project Costing Business Unit US001
- At the 'Project Costing Options' tab, in the 'Input Control' section, mark as Required the ChartFields: Category, and SubCategory
- Navigate to: Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Product Related > Project Costing > Transaction Options > Categories
- Perform a quick search under Set ID SHARE, and confirm that there are well over 300+ defined values
- Navigate to: Employee Self-Service > Mobile Applications
- Click on the Expenses icon
- Click on the Create Expense Report icon
- Add the Expense Report Header fields, and click on Save
- Click on the Add Expense icon
- At the Expense Report Line level, define all the below values in their respective Fields:
- Date = February 28th 2014
- Expense Type = Entertainment Other
- Payment Type = Cash
- Expense Billing Code = Internal
- Transaction Amount = 100.00
- Currency = USD
- Expense Location = NWYK
- Description = GCS Test
- Once done, proceed to click on the 'Distribution' button
- In the Accounting Distribution Line page, enter the below values:
- GL Business Unit = US001
- Department = 41000
- PC Business Unit = US001
- Project ID = FININTPROJ
- Activity ID = FININTACT
- Click on the drop down list for the Category Field, and see how it is all in blank
- Same would be for the SubCategory PC ChartFields, should there be tens of thousands of potential values on each drop down list
To gather more information concerning this scenario and its related problem, refer to the available Replication Steps Word Document here linked containing the complete configuration and the replication steps necessary to reproduce the issue.
The Category, and SubCategory Project Costing ChartFields should display the proper valid values once having defined the Project Costing Business Unit, and its related Set ID, no matter how many potential values are configured in the system to choose from. Not able to select any values at this level leaves the information of the Accounting Distribution incomplete, specially when at the Project Costing Business Unit Options the Fields in question were marked as Required.
No matter how many values of Category, and SubCategory Project Costing ChartFields have been configured in the FSCM Database, the Mobile Expenses Application should deliver a feature that enables Employees choose the needed valid value.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document