EGL9.2 : Journal Posting Encountered Unique Constraint Error At Step GL_JP_POST.ProcLedg.Upsert
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 12, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to run GL Journal Post Process (GL_JP) encountered unique constraint error at step GL_JP_POST.ProcLedg.Upsert
Steps to Replicate:
1. Create a journal for AUS01 having single ledger in a ledger group. AUS01 should be associated to AUS01 SETID.
2. Create another journal for CAN01 having a multi book ledger. CAN01 business unit should be associated to CAN01 SETID.
3. Journal for CAN01 business unit should be set for reversal for next period.
4. Make sure for CAN01, at ledgers for a unit page "Automatic Post Reversals" option is checked.
5. Edit it. Post the journal thru batch.
Note - Alphabetical order of SETID's of BU's are critical to replicate the issue
Error Position: 0 Return: 805 - ORA-00001: unique constraint (PS_LEDGER) violated
Process ABENDED at Step GL_JP_POST.ProcLedg.Upsert (SQL) -- RC = 805 (108,524)
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms