EAM:NBV Less than Cost after RCT and BKS
Last updated on FEBRUARY 16, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Asset Management - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In release 9.1, bundle #27, Demo or Test, after adding an asset, doing a recat, then a BKS, we see negative accumulated depreciation in the period of the recat and the BKS.
Did not expect negative depreciation in that period. However, total depreciation is correct.
Steps to replicate:
1. Add asset CCC1 to profile Leasehold improvement, in service/trans date 11/08/2013, accounting date 11/13/2013, cost $1851.53. Convention AM, life 60, method SL.
2. Ran am_depr_calc. See tab 'depr_after_add'. Depreciation ends Oct. 2018.
3. Do a BKS with trans/acctg dates 11/15/2013. Change the life end date to Jan. 31, 2023.
4. Ran am_depr_calc. See tab 'depr_after_1st_BKS'. Depreciation ends Jan. 2023.
5. Do a RCT to category ME, dated 11/22/2013.
6. Ran am_depr_calc. See tab 'depr_after_RCT'. No change in depreciation (it still ends Jan. 2023), but now the category is ME and the cf_seqno is 1.
7. Do a BKS with trans/acctg dates 11/25/2013 -- blank out the life end date and change the convention to FM (following month).
8. Ran am_depr_calc. See tab 'depr_after_2nd_BKS'. Depreciation now ends Nov. 2018.
On the Depreciation tab, for period 11 of 2013, there is negative accum depr, therefore the NBV is greater than the cost. The Period depreciation also shows a negative amount for Nov. 2013.
Expected positive depreciation in period 11 of 2013 and therefore NBV less than or equal to the cost.
On the Depreciation review tab, for period 11 of 2013, you'll see negative accum depr, therefore the NBV is greater than the cost. The Period depreciation also shows a negative amount for Nov. 2013.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms