E-PIA: Cannot Put Cursor Focus On Fields When Returning From Secondary Page
Last updated on APRIL 07, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.53 to 8.54 [Release 8.4]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
With EnablePCModal set to true in the web profile to set secondary pages open in modal windows, there are scenarios when returning from secondary pages that leaves the user unable to put cursor focus on the calling page.
The problem is specific to IE browsers, including IE9, IE10, and IE11.
The issue does not occur in Firefox or Chrome.
SAMPLE REPLICATION STEPS
Ensure EnablePCModal is enabled to be true in the Web Profile Custom Properties.
Sample 1: In FSCM 9.2 demo environment:
1) Navigate to: Purchasing > Requisitions > Add/Update Requisitions
2) Add a New Value, entering today's date as Requisition Date.
3) Click the Requisition Defaults link in the Header section.
4) Notice that it is possible to edit the Buyer field in the Line section.
5) Click the One Time Address link.
6) Click OK to return to the Requisition Defaults page.
1) Go to My Dictionary
2) Click the Zoom button
3) Set focus on "spell check word"
4) Click the Return button
5) The input field is locked
IE9 / IE10 / IE11: Can no longer edit fields (cannot place cursor focus on any of the edit boxes) on the Requisition Defaults modal after returning from the One Time Address secondary page
Firefox / Chrome: Everything works fine. Can still place cursor focus on any fields on the Requisition Defaults modal after returning from the One Time Address secondary page.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms