E-ORA: FAQ : Database Statistics In PeopleSoft Upgrade HCM 9.0 to HCM 9.2 ... Correction In Task 3-25-1
Last updated on JULY 18, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.53 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This is with reference to the the "Task 3-25-1: Backing Up Before Platform Changes" in the document "PeopleSoft Human Capital Management 9.0 to 9.2 Upgrade.pdf".
Customer is Upgrading from HCM 9.0 to HCM 9.2. They want to know why is it required to run db stats by "sys" (why not by SYSADM)... where as the PeopleSoft Schema is "SYSADM".
1. During upgrade, any objects that are created / updated / deleted which are under SYSADM schema only.. in this scenario, why is it is required to run stats by "sys" schema ?
2. Is it a typo (in Task 3-25-1 :: in the document "PeopleSoft Human Capital Management 9.0 to 9.2 Upgrade.pdf").. as it says "Typically only the users sys and sysdba have the authority to perform this task."
Task 3-25-1: Backing Up Before Platform Changes
Back up your upgrade database now. This enables you to restart your upgrade from this point, in case you Experience any database integrity problems during the remaining tasks in the upgrade process.
Important! For Oracle platforms, contact your database administrator to update the statistics on the database Catalog. This will improve performance for subsequent steps in the upgrade. Typically only the users sys and sysdba have the authority to perform this task.
The following command updates the statistics on the database catalog:
3. Can users use PeopleSoft schema (SYSADM) instead of "sys" at this stage ?
4. Is it required to run stats for both "sys" and "SYSADM" schemas ?
5. Among "sys" and "SYSADM" ... which one will be the most efficient in collecting stats ? They want to know this point clearly, for future upgrades point of view.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms