Last updated on JULY 05, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HRMS Human Resources - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Warning message not displaying properly (1000,185)
When a change is made to a Position in the Position Management Module, a row is inserted in Job Data based on the change that is being done to the Position. In Job Data, if you attempt to remove the row that was inserted automatically, you receive a warning message indicating that the row was created by Position Management. The second part of the message with instructions is not being displayed.
When looking in the Message Catalog, the message should also display the description part of the message that contains instructions for the user.
Insert a row in an encumbered position and update the Department. A row will be automatically inserted in Job Data. In Job Data, attempt to remove the newly created row.
1. Log in as HR admin or PS
2. Navigate to Organizational Development > Position Management > Maintain Positions/Budgets > Add/Update Position Info
3. Retrieve any Position and insert a row
4. Enter “UPD” in the Reason field
5. Change the Department ID to some new Department ID
6. On the Specific Information page, make sure the “Update Incumbents” check box is activated
9. Log out
10. Log in as Recruiter or HR admin
11. Navigate to Workforce Administration > Job Information > Job Data
12. Retrieve Empl ID associated with the above position# in Correction Mode
13. Remove the current row i.e the one that was inserted by Position Management (Position Management Record check box is activated)
14. You receive the following message:
The record was created by Position Management (1000,185)
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms