EGL: Ledger Out Of Sync To Journals When an Original Journal Entry Processed For Unposting Gets Status Of "D" If Related Reversal Entry Had Not Yet Been Posted.
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 14, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version Image 5, Journal Post
Unposted a journal entry that had a reversal entry that had not been posted yet.
Original entry is unposted, but reversal is unposted as well even it has yet been posted to the ledger.
Expect reversal entry not to post.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Loaded a February Journal marked to Reverse at the Beginning of next period.
2. Edited February journal.
3. Posted February journal.
4. Queried JRNL_HEADER and ensure 2/2014 journal is posted, and 3/2014 journal has been created but is in V status.
5. Using the Mark Journals for Unpost page, select February journal and run the ps_auto POST.
6. Queried JRNL_HEADER again
7. For the journal – the jrnl header status for the reversal was P and U, with a posted date only on the P line.
8. Also verified that March data did post to the LEDGER table.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms