E-ORA: FAQ - OPEN_CURSORS Recommendation for PeopleSoft Databases
Last updated on MARCH 05, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.52 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance 06-OCT-2015****
***Checked for relevance 05-MAR-2018****
When it is observed that the performance of the PeopleSoft application (e.g., HCM, Campus solution, FSCM, CRM etc.) with Oracle Database is either too slow or going down day by day...
1. What OPEN_CURSORS parameter talks about ?
2. What is the recommendation with regards to OPEN_CURSORS parameter for PeopleSoft ?
3. Is this OPEN_CURSORS parameter per session or per instance ?
4. Is it spefic for each PeopleTools / PeopleSoft application ?
5. What is the recommended OPEN_CURSORS value for Peopletool 8.52 ?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms