E-ORA: FAQ - OPEN_CURSORS Recommendation for PeopleSoft Databases
(Doc ID 1663527.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 03, 2023
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.52 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When it is observed that the performance of the PeopleSoft application (e.g., HCM, Campus solution, FSCM, CRM etc.) with Oracle Database is either too slow or going down day by day...
1. What OPEN_CURSORS parameter talks about ?
2. What is the recommendation with regards to OPEN_CURSORS parameter for PeopleSoft ?
3. Is this OPEN_CURSORS parameter per session or per instance ?
4. Is it spefic for each PeopleTools / PeopleSoft application ?
5. What is the recommended OPEN_CURSORS value for Peopletool 8.52 ?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document