Last updated on APRIL 21, 2014
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.52 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
We use the USER_PROFILE component interface to create new user ids for new hires. During that processing, we call the Reset_Password method to give the user a default beginning password. This worked fine until we added a new Password Control configuration to force users to include at least one lower case character in their passwords. The Reset_Password method is 'aware' of the password controls for special character, digits, and satisfies the upper case control by default because it uses upper case for its chars. But it does not check to see if a minimum number of lower case chars are required and does not use lower case chars for the string creation, so if password controls are configured to force a minimum number of lower case characters, it is incapable of creating a valid password. We have turned off requiring lower case chars until this method is fixed.
1. Navigate to PeopleTools>Security>Password Configuration>Password Controls> Enable "Signon PeopleCode". Enter "2" Minimum number of Lower Case alphabets.
2. Save the Page.
3. Created a new User ID - Test_001 and password as AuGuST.
4. Open Application Designer.
5. From App Designer, open USER_PROFILE component interface and choose “Test Component Interface” from tools menu:
6. Enter an existing user id "Test_001" and click “Get Existing”:
7. Right click on USER_PROFILE and choose ‘ResetPassword” method:
8. Notice that the resulting password does not contain lower case chars
9. Attempt to Save - Will get error message:
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms