EGL: InterUnit Entries Created By Edit Are Not Balanced At BU and Affiliate Level
(Doc ID 1666579.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
****Checked for Currency on 13-Oct-2015****
After the edit process the header totals are balanced (DR & CR) and the journal status is valid "V" for all header lines, but the InterUnit transactions generated by the journal edit process does not balance by business unit and affiliate.
If interUnit transactions has to be summarized if affiliate is used, then the transaction has to be balanced by business unit and affiliate.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Set up overall installation page with below
- Interunit Method = Direct
- Interunit Summarization Option = No Summarization
- Book code – not active
- Balance Sheet Indicator – not active
2. Ledger Group
- Single ledger
- Use Affiliate
- No intraunit balancing
3. Set up 3 BU, IU001, IU003 and IU007 with above ledger assigned.
- All have InterUnit template CORP
- All have Currency Balancing Option = Balance by All currencies.
- All Have Base Currency Adjustment Option = Allow Base Currency Adjustment.
4. Open Period.
5. Create a BU with multiple lines for each BU
- IU003 is anchor BU
- There are IU transactions b/w IU003 and IU007 ( as defined by affiliate)
- IU001 is out by 0.03 by sum of base/monetary amount.
6. Edit journal
After edit, noted below
- Interunit lines are created in summarization at BU/Affiliate level
- For IU001, Foreign amount is net to zero but Monetary or Base amount is out by -0.03. Hence Journal edit creates below interunit entry b/w IU001 and IU003 (Anchor BU), which are not net to zero.
IU001 A/C 100100 Affiliate IU003 DR0.03
IU003 A/C 200200 Affiliate IU001 CR0.01
- Because of this, system has to adjust the last journal line for anchor BU IU003 (ln#26) from 806.04 to 806.02.
- Since this is IU line, this impact the IU reconciliation.
The issue has the following business impact:
This affects all business units and users are finding it difficult to balance journals that have multiple units and affiliates.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document