PO Auto Sourcing (PO_AUTO_SRC) Process is not Building Inventory Demand for a Substitute Inv Item
(Doc ID 1667741.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 23, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When an item substitution exists, the substitution does not occur when being processed through Build Inventory Demand.
If the inventory Item is being sourced and meets the criteria for the REQINVS process, and an item substitution exists (and proper setup) the build inventory demand process should should pick up the transaction and create an MSR
Steps to recreate the issue:
- Turn on Item Substitution at the PO BU level.
- Setup Item A to have a Sub Item X
- Create a requisition for Item A.
- System will substitute Item X as expected.
- On the Sourcing Controls, the Source From Inventory is checked.
- Save the Req. Now the Source From Inventory is not checked.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, purchase orders are being created when the item should be sourced from Inventory.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document