EAP: Rounding Issue With TAS/BETC Amounts On SPS EFT Files
Last updated on MARCH 18, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Global Components - Version 9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
SPS EFT files rounding issue with TAS/BETC amounts
As a GWA reporter, it was created a single consolidated payment to a vendor that consolidated 17 vouchers to a single payee. On the Voucher Fund Percent table, there are 29 total rows and 16 unique combinations of TAS/BETC values. This causes LINE_VCHR_PCT value to be something other than 1 in many cases.
When the program multiplies the PYMNT_VCHR_XREF's PAID_AMT by this LINE_VCHR_PCT, it creates a dollar amount that has many more than 2 decimals. The program then applies a rounding logic to bring the TAS/BETC amount to 2 decimals.
When summing all of the 16 TAS/BETC amounts after they've been rounded, it was found that the total TAS/BETC amount is different than the original PAYMENT amount by $.02. This causes the file to be rejected by Treasury.
- Navigate to Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Install > Installation Options > Payables and check the "Enable Federnal Payment" box
- Navigate to Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Common Definitions > Agency Location Codes > Agency Location - 1st ALC: SetID = SHARE, Agency Location Code = SF
- Navigate to Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Common Defintions > Design ChartFields > Define Values > ChartField Values > Fund code - 1st Fund Code: SetID = SHARE, Fund Code = F200
- Navigate to General Ledger > Federal Reports > TAS/BETC > Define Agency ID 011
- On the Attributes tab, click on the Fund Code hyperlink for the 1st row
- On the Fund Code page, add 2 Fund Codes, each Fund Code having a different SetID: SetID = FEDRL, Fund Code = 103 and SetID = FEDRL, and add couple that are in the voucher distrib which are being used
- Navigate to Banking > Banks and Branches > Bank Information
- On the Bank Information page, SetID = Share, Bank = FDBNK, Agency Location Code = SF
- Navigate to Banking > Bank Accounts > External Account > External Accounts
- On External Accounts page, SetID = SHARE, Bank = FDBNK, Bank Account =SPCHK
- On the External Account > Payment Methods page, Payment Method = Electronic Funds Transfer, Settle By = Pay Cycle, Layout = SPCHK
- Navigate to Vendors > Vendor Information > Add/Update > Vendor > Federal page
- For SetID = SHARE, Vendor ID = USA0000001, under Federal Vendor Information, Federal Vendor box is checked, Trading Partner = 19, Agency Location Code = 19000001
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms