Last updated on AUGUST 04, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Cost Management - Version 8.4 SP2 and later
PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Inventory - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This Knowledge Document applies to Cost Management releases >= 9.2
When processing Transfers with a Transfer Cost = Item Cost and you have multiple Cost Profiles at the Business Unit Item level with not the same Deplete Cost Method, the 'Deplete On Hand Qty' process (IN_FUL_DPL) (navigation: Inventory, Fulfill Stock Orders, Shipping, Deplete On Hand Quantity) is calculating the Transfer Cost based on Deplete Cost Method of the Cost Profile linked to the Cost Book which is linked to the default Ledger Group and primary Ledger.
In the scenario below where the selected Deplete Cost Method is Non Cost, the Transfer Cost = '0' and no Accounting Lines are generated for all Cost Books in the destination Business Unit for the Transaction Group 022 (IBU Transfer Receipts).
This Enhancement Request is about being able to manage Transfer Cost in a muti Deplete Cost Method scenario so that not the same Item Cost is used for all the Cost Books.
Steps to replicate the issue:
- 2 Cost Books at the Inventory Business Unit level: Book 1 (linked to the default Ledger Group and primary Ledger) and Book 2.
- Transfer is done at the Item Cost > there is no specific Transfer Price in the Transfer Price table and at the Item Transfer Pricing Definition level.
- Both Books are linked to a different Deplete Method at the Business Unit Item level: Non Cost for Book 1 and Average for Book 2.
- The source and destination Inventory BUs with the same same GL Business Unit and the same Currency.
- Create an InterUnit Transfer and process it until it's putaway in the destination Business Unit > Transfer Cost = 0.
- Run the 'Cost Accounting Creation' process (CM_CSTACCTG) > no Accounting Lines are generated for the Transaction Group 022.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms