Last updated on MARCH 14, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Project Costing - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Is There a Way to Prevent Users From Entering Project Budgets Against Closed Budget Periods?
1. Enable commitment Control for Project Costing.
2. Make sure that the Control Budget Definitions for Parent and Child Budget are defined such that the Budget Period Status tab shows that a particular budget period is closed. If you are using an annual budget eg. 'AN', then define that 2012 budget period is closed.
3. Create a Project and Activity whose dates encompass the Budget Periods of 2012 and 2013.
4. Create Budget Plan. Use 'AN' calender with 2 periods in calender tab. Start date say 1/1/2012
5. Go to Budget Detail. Add a budget item eg 'AIFAR'. Adjust the Budget amount to say 10000 using Adjust Budget Items page. Distribute and click OK
6. Click on the Other link against the budget item. This will let the user to enter Budget amounts against budget periods both 2012 and 2013 periods. But in earlier set up in #2, the Budget period 2012 is closed for Budget transaction as per Control Budget Definition. The expectation is that the system should restrict the user from entering budgets against closed budget periods as defined in the Control budget definition.
7. When finalized the budget plan, the user will receive Budget exceptions as they are trying to enter budgets for closed period.
Can the issue be prevented at the prevented at the time of entering Project Budgets against the Closed Budget Periods?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms