Why Is the Item ID Temporarily Grayed Out when Creating a Material Stock Request (MSR) and Using the Override Chartfields and SpeedType Key Functionalities?
Last updated on MARCH 16, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Inventory - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When creating a Material Stock Request (MSR) (navigation: Inventory, Fulfill Stock Orders, Stock Requests, Create/Update Stock Request) and using the Override ChartFields and SpeedType Key functionalities, the Item ID gets grayed out temporarily. Why is that and How to resolve this issue?
Steps to replicate the issue:
- Go to: Set Up Financials/Supply Chain, Business Unit Related, Inventory, Inventory Display Options
- Uncheck the 'Display GL BU Override' field for the Inventory Business Unit you want to use.
- Go to: Set Up Financials/Supply Chain, Business Unit Related, Inventory, Inventory Definition - Tab: Business Unit Options
- Set the SpeedType Level Required field to 'User' for your Inventory Business Unit.
- Go to: Inventory, Fulfill Stock Orders, Stock Requests, Create/Update Stock Request
- Create a MSR for your Inventory Business Unit.
- Click on the 'Override ChartFields' hyperlink.
- Select a SpeedType Key.
- Click on OK.
- Observe that it takes some time before the Item ID fields is getting available for entry.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms