EEX 9.1+: Error Flag On Transportation Expense Report Line Not Clearing Up Due To Distance Rate
Last updated on MARCH 16, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Expenses - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
While creating a brand new Expense Report, should the entered Expense Line be using an Automobile related Expense Type, if the Employee defines all required transportation Field values with the exception of the Transportation ID and Kilometers Fields, leaving them in blank, the system correctly flags the Expense Report Line in Error as the 'Check For Errors' button is used. However, should the Employee enter the missing values on Transportation ID and Kilometers Fields, to amend the Error, and click again on the 'Check For Errors' button to validate the data entered, the Error flag does not get cleared up.
The persisting Error Message is incorrect and misleading to the User, and prevents him to submit for approval the transaction.
This seems to be only a problem when the defined Distance Rate is set as Varied Rate, and Split Rate.
- Log into the FSCM Online Application as User ID VP1
- Navigate to: Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Install > Installation Options > Expenses
- Make sure to set the Expense Entry drop down list to a value of 'Frequent User'
- Navigate to: Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Product Related > Expenses > Management > Transportation Type
- Created a brand new Transportation Type called GCS under Set ID SHARE
- Navigate to: Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Product Related > Expenses > Purchase > Expense Type
- Open the existing Expense Type called MILEAGE under Set ID SHARE, and configure the below settings:
- Transportation Type = Y
- Location = Y
- Automobile = Y
- Navigate to: Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Product Related > Expenses > Management > Distance Rate
- Add a new value defining the below listed settings:
- Set ID = SHARE
- Expense Type = MILEAGE
- Country Code = GBR
- Effective Date = January 1st 1900
- Status = Active
- Kilometers = Y
- Varied Rate = Y
- Split Rate = Y
- Currency Code = GBP
- Transportation Type = GCS
- Navigate to: Travel and Expenses > Manage Employee Information > Update Profile
- Open existing Employee ID KU0022, and set up the following configuration:
- In the 'Employee Data' tab, make sure to have a new Home Address with Country Code GBR
- In the 'Organizational Data' tab, define:
- GL Business Unit = GBR01
- Department ID = 22000
- In the 'User Defaults' tab, make sure that the Entry Method drop down list contains a value of 'Frequent User'
- In the 'Transportation Information' tab, define the below values:
- Transportation ID = GCS TEST
- Transportation Type = GCS
- Date Acquired = January 1st 2014
- Status = Active
- Status Date = January 1st 2014
- Navigate to: Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Business Unit Related > Expenses > Expenses Definition
- Open GL Business Unit Unit GBR01, and in the 'Business Unit 1' tab, make sure that the Country ID defined is GBR
- Navigate to: PeopleTools > Utilities > Administration > TableSet Control
- Open Set Control Value GBR01, and in the Record Group EX_02, make sure that the Set ID defined is SHARE
- Navigate to: Travel and Expenses > Manage Expenses Security > Authorize Expense Users
- Open existing Employee ID KU0022, and make sure to define user ID EXA2
- Navigate to: PeopleTools > Security > User Profiles > User Profiles
- Open existing User ID EXA2, and make sure to link it to Employee ID KU0022
- Log into the FSCM Online Application as User ID EXA2
- Navigate to: Employee Self-Service > Travel and Expense Center > Expense Report > Create
- Define Employee ID KU0022, and click on ADD Button
- At the Expense Report Header Level, fill in the below values:
- Description = GCS Transportation Test
- Business Purpose = Consulting Services
- Default Location = London - England
- At the Expense Report Line level, fill in the below listed values:
- Expense Type = Automobile Mileage
- Transaction Date = January 31st 2014
- Payment Type = Cash
- Billing Type = Internal
- Description = GCS Test
- Making sure that the Transportation ID and Kilometers Fields are left in blank, click on the ‘Check For Errors’ button
- Notice that the Expense Report Line is flagged in Error, and both Transportation ID and Kilometers Fields are highlighted in red
- To amend the Error flag, we will add the below new values:
- Transportation ID = GCS
- Kilometers = 300
- Proceed to once again click on the 'Check For Errors' Button
- Note that the Expense Report Line is still marked in Error, when it should not, as all the information required has already been entered
- Click on the Error flag
- The system displays an Error Message
To gather more information concerning this scenario and its related problem, refer to the available Replication Steps Word Document here linked containing the complete configuration and the replication steps necessary to reproduce the issue.
" Please enter or update the following information:
No automobile distance rate information found. Contact your system administrator for help. "
While the Expense Report Transportation related Line is kept flagged as in Error, the Employees are unable to submit the transaction for approval, even though all needed and required data has already been entered by the user. Additionally, the Error Message is confusing and incorrect, because the Distance Rate is already been defaulted and applied to the Kilometers defined, and the Amount Spent field has already been calculated. The Error states that the User should contact the System Administrator, while that is totally unnecessary.
Once the Transportation ID and the Kilometers Field values have been defined, should the user click on the 'Check For Errors' Button, the Error flag should disappear from the Expense Report Line, and allow proper Submit For Approval if required.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms