FSA/HSA Deduction Being Recalculated In Base Benefits Enrollment When Annual Pledge Is NOT Changing; using Payroll Interface
(Doc ID 1673272.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 05, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 8.9 to 9.2 [Release 8.9 to 9]
PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Payroll Interface - Version 8.9 to 9.2 [Release 8.9 to 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When an employee makes a life event election for FSA through self service but does not actually make a change to the FSA pledge, a new payroll deduction amount is being calculated. Why isn't the amount included in the export via Payroll Interface to the payroll provider?
Replicated the issue with the following steps:
1) For Payroll Interface employee associated with weekly payroll 52 pay periods - Weekly added to eBenefits/Benefits Administration
2) New Hire Event Enrolled Jan 1 beginning of FSA year with 52 pay periods remaining calculated for FSA Event
3) FSA annual election of $2,500. Entered the monthly amount of $208.33 on the worksheet for eBenefits FSA plan type 60
4) Finalized the event
5) Added another birth life event May 1 where options prepared for all plans, including FSA 6X plan type IDs.
6) Logged in as this employee on eBenefits. Selected the edit for FSA Health Account, saw that 2,500 was elected, selected Update Elections and finished entries, then logged out. Elections were posted through Ben Admin
7) New effective-dated row was inserted in FSA elections with higher Pay Period amount of $309.53, even though the annual pledge did not change
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document