EAP: Not all Chartfields are populated on VAT_ACCT_TBL, causing an issue with posted Voucher and GL Combination Edits
(Doc ID 1676995.1)
Last updated on APRIL 03, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On the VAT Code > Accounting Information page, Customer has the Class field populated. However, when looking at the data on the VAT_ACCT_TBL, the CLASS_FLD is not populated. The CLASS_FLD is populated on the VAT_DST_TBL.
Since the CLASS_FLD is not populated on the VAT_ACCT_TBL, when a VAT Voucher is created then posted, the VCHR_ACCTG_LINE does not have the CLASS_FLD populated. As a result, when Journal Generator is run to create a Journal from the Voucher, the Journal fails with a Combo Edit error since it uses the CLASS_FLD to validate the chartfield combination
1. Populate the Class field for an existing VAT Code (CA1) on the VAT Code > Accounting Information page
2. Through SQL, check the VAT_ACCT_TBL for TAX_CD = CA1
3. The CLASS_FLD is not populated
4. Through SQL, check the VAT_DST_TBL for TAX_CD = CA1
5. The CLASS_FLD is populated
6. Create a VAT Voucher, specifying the VAT Code = CA1 on the Invoice Line VAT Information page
7. Run Voucher Posting
8. Through SQL, query the VCHR_ACCTG_LINE for the posted Voucher
9. ACCOUNT field is populated but the CLASS_FLD is blank
10. Run Journal Generator
11. Journal created for the Voucher
12. Run Journal Edit for the Journal created in Step 11
13. Journal Edit will fail for the Journal due to a Combination Edit error since it uses the CLASS_FLD to validate the chartfield combination
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document