EAR9.2 ARUPDATE Abended at Step AR_POSTING.DEP_CNTL.UNP_RSN After Partial Payment Unpost
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 21, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Receivables - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, AR Update - Posting
ARUPDATE Abended at Step AR_POSTING.DEP_CNTL.UNP_RSN after partial payment unpost.
AR_POST1 failed with the following messages:
File: e:\pt85307c-retail\peopletools\src\psappeng\aedebug.hSQL error. Stmt #: 1623
Error Position: 0 Return: 8601 - [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]Subquery returned more than 1 value.
This is not permitted when the subquery follows =, !=, , >= or when the subquery is used as an expression.
[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Failed SQL stmt:
UPDATE PS_PAYMENT SET UNPOST_REASON = ( SELECT G.UNPOST_REASON FROM PS_RP_GRPCTL_TAO4 G WHERE G.PROCESS_INSTANCE = XXXXXXX
AND G.DEPOSIT_BU = PS_PAYMENT.DEPOSIT_BU AND G.DEPOSIT_ID = PS_PAYMENT.DEPOSIT_ID
AND G.PAYMENT_SEQ_NUM = PS_PAYMENT.PAYMENT_SEQ_NUM), LAST_UPDATE_DTTM = GETDATE(), OPRID_LAST_UPDT = 'OPRID'
WHERE EXISTS ( SELECT 'X' FROM PS_RP_GRPCTL_TAO4 G WHERE G.PROCESS_INSTANCE = XXXXXXX
AND G.GROUP_TYPE = 'U' AND G.DEPOSIT_BU = PS_PAYMENT.DEPOSIT_BU
AND G.DEPOSIT_ID = PS_PAYMENT.DEPOSIT_ID
AND G.PAYMENT_SEQ_NUM = PS_PAYMENT.PAYMENT_SEQ_NUM
AND G.UNPOST_REASON <> ' ')
Process XXXXXXX ABENDED at Step AR_POSTING.DEP_CNTL.UNP_RSN (SQL) -- RC = 8601 (108,524)
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Locate a payment which has been applied to more than one item.
- Navigate to Accounts Receivable > Receivables Update > Unpost Groups > Payment Group.
- Open the deposit and payment identified in step 1.
- Click on the "Partial Unpost" link.
- On Partial Unpost Worksheet, unselect one item.
- Add a new line and enter another item with the same balance amount as the unselected item.
- Click Save.
- Go to Worksheet Action. under Options tab, set Unpost Reason.
- Set Posting Action to Batch Standard.
- Run ARUPDATE.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot unpost partial payment.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms