Last updated on SEPTEMBER 29, 2015
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HRMS Time and Labor - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When trying to change a SQL Expression as part of T&L Rules and those changes often contain an equals (=) sign. If the change contains an equals, the changes do not save and in fact revert back to the original text which was last saved.
1) Navigate to Setup HCM > System Administration > Utilities > Build Time and Labor Rules > SQL Objects
2) Select an existing SQL object of type Expression
3) Modify the expression text (2nd tab) with the text 'and 1=1'
4) Click Save
5) Confirm that Save did not occur
6) Click Save again and text reverts back to original text
If the above steps are repeated with the text 'and 1' then the Save is successful
Also, it is noteworthy that this problem is not confined to this page as it also happens on the Explanation field on the first tab of the component which is also a long field and another developer noted the same problem in the Portal environment on the same tools release.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms