Pre-encumbrance Cannot Be Cleared After A Requisition is Cancelled
(Doc ID 1901152.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 12, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM eProcurement - Version 9 to 9 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Pre-encumbrance cannot be cleared after a Requisition is cancelled
Steps to Reproduce the Issue:
1) Create a Requisition via eProcurement (special request)
2) Do Budget Check. Click "OK" to proceed save the REQ and do budget check.
The Requisition budget check is valid.
3)Then, add a new item.Enter the same chartfield values as line 1.
4)Click "Save & preview approval".
5) Notice that Budget Status is "Not Checked".
6) Now, try to cancel this Requisition via Reconcilication Workbench.
7) Go to the Requisition Reconcilication Workbench. Search the Requisition
8) Select the Requisition and click "Cancel".
9) Unable to cancel the Requisition due to the reasons below.
111The REQ needs to be entry event generated before cancel
111cannot cancel Requisition because Budget Status is in Error or Not Checked
211cannot cancel Requisition because Budget Status is in Error or Not Checked
This is working as expected.
10)Now, go back to eProcurement - Manage Requisitions. Try to cancel this REQ here
11) Click "Cancel Requisition".
12) This time, no warning or error message appears, and the Requisition status becomes "Cancelled" immediately. Budget status is still "Not Chk'd".
13) Review the commitment control activity log of the Requisition.
14) There is only one line, as there is only 1 line as at the time of last successful budget check on the Requisition.
15) Run budget check on the REQ again.
16) Review the commitment control activity log.
17) Notice that there are 2 lines for the activity logs, the first line is with amount zero as the REQ is cancelled. But for the second line, the amount is NOT zero!
18) Further to review the records of Requisition header and distributions using PS Query:
19) The Requisition and 2 distribution line status are "Cancelled", and all budget status are "Valid".
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!